All glass manufactured by The Edge Glass and Stone meets the standards and requirements of the industry and respective building codes.
Toughened glass is manufactured to:
- AS/NZS 2208 – Safety Glazing Materials for use in Buildings (human impact considerations).
- AS/NZS 4667 – Quality Requirements for Cut to Size and Processed Glass.
Custom Laminated Glass
Custom laminated glass is manufactured to:
- AS/NZS 2208 – Safety Glazing Materials for Use in Buildings (Human Impact Considerations). Glass manufactured outside this standard can be produced and will be tested to these guidelines (and typically will be a superior safety product) but will not carry the standards marking.
Custom laminated glass is supplied, conforming to:
- AS/NZS 4667 – Quality Requirements for Cut to Size/Processed Glass.
Where The Edge Glass & Stone install the products, they will meet (where required):
- AS1288 – Glass in Buildings
AS1288 is a glazing standard and it is the installer that must provide this certification. This certification does not rest with the glass processor. It is the glazier’s responsibility under the Standard to ensure the glass is selected and installed to meet the Standard.