With proper care, you stone benchtop will look good and last a long time.
Some things that may statin your benchtop are:
– Red wine
– Pasta sauce
– Tandoori paste
– Permanent markers
– Detergents containing alkali, acid, metallic salts and/or other strong substances can actually attack the surface of natural stone and are not to be used
– Nail polish remover, bleach, permanent markers or inks, and oil soaps
– Do not use vinegar or acidic substances to clean marble or limestone
– Do not clean any stone with thinners or mineral turpentine
– To ensure that these types of things do not leave a stain, get on top of it straight away and wipe the top.
Note: this is not an exclusive list of items that can stain reconstituted and natural stone. Stains caused by cooking, cleaning and other products could potentially void the warranty.